Pretrial program would erase charge
Rock Hill prosecutor Chris Barton told The Herald (Rock Hill, S.C.) that Simpson likely will be accepted into the pretrial intervention program because he has no record and the charge is a misdemeanor. The program includes a requirement of at least 50 hours of community service.
Police say they arrested the 25-year-old Simpson outside a bar in his hometown of Rock Hill, early New Year's Day when he interfered with officers trying to arrest his friends.
One officer said Simpson yelled: "I'm Ko Simpson with the Buffalo Bills. I am worth millions!" several times.
Simpson's lawyer wouldn't discuss the case.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rodgers not cleared, still under evaluation
- Broncos' Welker still not cleared to practice
- Source: Garvin fined $25K for hit on Huber
- Flacco to wear knee brace against Patriots
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Women's Buffalo Bills Red Spark Polo