Irvin's lawyers talking to police
Dallas police said last month they suspended their investigation because Irvin never returned their followup calls.
Irvin said Friday that he filed a police report after the Jan. 12 incident, when two men in another vehicle pointed a gun at him at a stoplight.
The Hall of Famer and broadcast analyst told KTVT-TV that he just returned to the Dallas area Friday morning. Irvin says he was in Tampa, Fla., for the Super Bowl, and then went to Los Angeles.
Police confirm they've been talking to his attorneys. Sr. Cpl. Kevin Janse says police have no reason to doubt Irvin.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Welker likely out until playoffs, sources say
- Rodgers has idea of status, but not saying
- Harbaugh: 'Absolutely' want to be with 49ers
- Browner vows to sue NFL if ban not dropped
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Away Game Jersey Dallas Cowboys DeMarcus Ware #94