Panthers fill defensive line coach spot
CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- The Carolina Panthers filled another opening on coach John Fox's staff by hiring Brian Baker as defensive line coach Friday.Minnesota, Detroit and San Diego coaching the defensive line and linebackers.
Baker replaced Sal Sunseri, who left last month to become an assistant at Alabama. Sunseri was one of four defensive aides to leave Carolina.
The Panthers have since hired Ron Meeks as defensive coordinator, Richard Smith as linebackers coach and Ron Milus to coach the secondary.
They'll try to shore up a defense that allowed 30 or more points in six of its final seven games, including a 33-13 loss to Arizona in the playoffs.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Peterson just 'having fun' with Sherman feud
- NFL on Gordon: Culpable for what's in body
- Romo unsure he'll play in preseason opener
- Ravens' Harbaugh: Proud of Rice's response
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Tervis Carolina Panthers 16 oz Patch Logo Tumbler