Panthers fill defensive line coach spot
CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- The Carolina Panthers filled another opening on coach John Fox's staff by hiring Brian Baker as defensive line coach Friday.Minnesota, Detroit and San Diego coaching the defensive line and linebackers.
Baker replaced Sal Sunseri, who left last month to become an assistant at Alabama. Sunseri was one of four defensive aides to leave Carolina.
The Panthers have since hired Ron Meeks as defensive coordinator, Richard Smith as linebackers coach and Ron Milus to coach the secondary.
They'll try to shore up a defense that allowed 30 or more points in six of its final seven games, including a 33-13 loss to Arizona in the playoffs.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Sources: Revis, Pats agree to 1-year deal
- Source: Ware, Broncos agree to $30M deal
- Jets agree with WR Decker to bolster offense
- Saffold back to Rams after failing physical
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Carolina Panthers Hitch Cover