Lions keep Culpepper, sign Hanson
Culpepper, who came out of retirement midway through last year's 0-16 season, was due to receive a $2.5 million roster bonus later this month, but team president Tom Lewand said that the deal had been restructured. Culpepper is still on the last year of a two-year contract.
Detroit signed Hanson, their kicker since 1992, to a four-year deal and kept Peterman, a starting guard, for five more seasons.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rodgers still not ready to return for Packers
- Welker likely out until playoffs, sources say
- Vikes' Peterson 'ready to roll' vs. Bengals
- Bears' Briggs medically cleared to return
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Aminco Detroit Lions Grey Lanyard