Lions keep Culpepper, sign Hanson
Culpepper, who came out of retirement midway through last year's 0-16 season, was due to receive a $2.5 million roster bonus later this month, but team president Tom Lewand said that the deal had been restructured. Culpepper is still on the last year of a two-year contract.
Detroit signed Hanson, their kicker since 1992, to a four-year deal and kept Peterman, a starting guard, for five more seasons.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Chiefs sign Charles to contract extension
- Broncos' Bowlen has Alzheimer's, steps down
- Davis ends holdout, reports to 49ers camp
- Suggs wants Flacco to be more vocal leader
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Detroit Lions Signature Series Full-Size Football