Lynch charged with 3 gun-related crimes
Police Detective Ryan Thompson says Lynch was charged Thursday in Los Angeles Superior Court with possessing a concealed, loaded and unregistered firearm.
Lynch was arrested on Feb. 11 after police smelled marijuana coming from a parked car that Lynch occupied with two other men. Officers searched the vehicle and found a loaded pistol and four marijuana cigarettes. They did not book any of the men for any drug offenses.
Lynch's attorney, Gerald Schwartzbach, says he is pleased his client faces misdemeanors instead of felonies and feels the lesser charges are appropriate for the situation.
Lynch's arraignment is scheduled for March 3.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Broncos' Bowlen has Alzheimer's, steps down
- Falcons WR Jones cleared for training camp
- Dungy seeks to clarify Sam comments
- Chargers, Woodhead agree to 2-year deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Fathead Marshawn Lynch In Your Face Wildcard Mural Wall Graphic