Source: Cards offer Warner $10M-plus
Arizona and quarterback Kurt Warner have not agreed to a contract extension, but the Cardinals have crossed an important barrier. Arizona is now offering more than $10 million a year to keep him, according to a source.
Warner threw for 4,583 yards and 30 touchdowns last season, completing 401 of 598 passes (67.1 percent).
Both sides have until Thursday night to reach a deal or he will be an unrestricted free agent starting Friday.
John Clayton is a senior NFL writer for ESPN.com.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Source: Cousins to start in place of RG III
- Source: Packers pessimistic Rodgers will play
- 49ers again take aim at Seahawks' roster
- Fins' Starks gets teased as video goes viral
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Home Game Jersey Arizona Cardinals Michael Floyd #15