Source: Cards offer Warner $10M-plus
Arizona and quarterback Kurt Warner have not agreed to a contract extension, but the Cardinals have crossed an important barrier. Arizona is now offering more than $10 million a year to keep him, according to a source.
Warner threw for 4,583 yards and 30 touchdowns last season, completing 401 of 598 passes (67.1 percent).
Both sides have until Thursday night to reach a deal or he will be an unrestricted free agent starting Friday.
John Clayton is a senior NFL writer for ESPN.com.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- NFL to release schedule Wednesday night
- Mara: Expanded NFL playoffs likely out for '14
- Woodley: Raiders 'definitely' a playoff team
- Bills' Marrone had cancerous mole removed
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Party Animal Arizona Cardinals Giant 8' x 2' Banner