Source: Cards offer Warner $10M-plus
Arizona and quarterback Kurt Warner have not agreed to a contract extension, but the Cardinals have crossed an important barrier. Arizona is now offering more than $10 million a year to keep him, according to a source.
Warner threw for 4,583 yards and 30 touchdowns last season, completing 401 of 598 passes (67.1 percent).
Both sides have until Thursday night to reach a deal or he will be an unrestricted free agent starting Friday.
John Clayton is a senior NFL writer for ESPN.com.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Bengals extend Lewis' contract through '15
- Lions retain Pettigrew with 4-year contract
- Sources: Ravens keep LB Smith for $16.1M
- Titans, Woodyard agree to multiyear contract
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Sparo Men's Arizona Cardinals Classic Watch