Texans release three
Weaver, who spent three years with the team, started each game last season opposite Mario Williams and finished with 45 tackles. Though he started all but four games in his time with the Texans, Weaver leaves the team with just one sack.
The 32-year-old Salaam spent this past season as a backup after 2008 first-round pick Duane Brown became the starting left tackle. Salaam started 30 games his first two seasons in Houston.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Dolphins trade Martin to 49ers for draft pick
- Jags send former 1st-rounder Gabbert to SF
- Cowboys cut Pro-Bowler Ware; Broncos next?
- Sources: Talib gets $57M deal from Broncos
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Women's Houston Texans Of the City Navy T-Shirt