Warner likely to enter free agency
Barring a last minute phone call, Warner will become a free agent at midnight Thursday.
Bartelstein boarded a flight Thursday evening for his home in the Chicago area, but he said he would keep in contact with the Cardinals.
Warner is hoping to land a contract around in the range of the top five quarterbacks in the NFL -- $14 million to $16 million a year. He wants a two-year deal.
The Cardinals have offered $10 million to $12 million.
Talks have been amiable. Warner said he will retire if he doesn't play for the Cardinals.
John Clayton is senior NFL writer for ESPN.com.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rodgers still not ready to return for Packers
- Welker likely out until playoffs, sources say
- Vikes' Peterson 'ready to roll' vs. Bengals
- Bears' Briggs medically cleared to return
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NFL Team Apparel Youth Arizona Cardinals Black Team Forward T-Shirt