Warner likely to enter free agency
Barring a last minute phone call, Warner will become a free agent at midnight Thursday.
Bartelstein boarded a flight Thursday evening for his home in the Chicago area, but he said he would keep in contact with the Cardinals.
Warner is hoping to land a contract around in the range of the top five quarterbacks in the NFL -- $14 million to $16 million a year. He wants a two-year deal.
The Cardinals have offered $10 million to $12 million.
Talks have been amiable. Warner said he will retire if he doesn't play for the Cardinals.
John Clayton is senior NFL writer for ESPN.com.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Redskins' Cousins to start in place of RG III
- Urlacher: Bears should stick with McCown
- Ravens' Elam on Megatron: 'He's pretty old'
- NFL to look at big changes for replay system
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Women's Arizona Cardinals Red Tempo Short