Farwell considered special teams leader
Farwell, a top special teams player and key reserve, agreed to a three-year, $8 million deal with the Vikings, according to a source.
The 27-year-old linebacker was in prime demand by teams looking for linebacker help and a leader on special teams.
John Clayton covers the NFL for ESPN.com.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Chancellor probable after late-practice injury
- Goodell: Pursuing Deflategate aggressively
- Hundreds lose out on tickets to Super Bowl
- Goodell: NFL to rule on Lynch fine after SB
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Women's Minnesota Vikings Upkilter Purple Mid-v T-shirt