Jones released day early from jail
The sheriff's department says Jones was freed Saturday. At a hearing Monday, Jones was ordered to stay in jail until Sunday after asking to be locked up rather than spending six weeks in a treatment facility.
Jones failed a drug and alcohol screening. He told the judge he drank beer while playing golf the week before.
The former Arkansas player was charged with cocaine possession in July. He was suspended for the last three games of the 2008 season for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy. In a plea deal, Jones entered a program that emphasizes treatment.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Steelers' Bell, Blount set to face pot charges
- Backup Manziel says he needs to earn way
- Doctors: Jim Kelly has no evidence of cancer
- Texans' Clowney exits practice after collision
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Women's Home Game Jersey Jacksonville Jaguars Blaine Gabbert #11