Jones released day early from jail
The sheriff's department says Jones was freed Saturday. At a hearing Monday, Jones was ordered to stay in jail until Sunday after asking to be locked up rather than spending six weeks in a treatment facility.
Jones failed a drug and alcohol screening. He told the judge he drank beer while playing golf the week before.
The former Arkansas player was charged with cocaine possession in July. He was suspended for the last three games of the 2008 season for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy. In a plea deal, Jones entered a program that emphasizes treatment.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Peppers joins Packers on three-year deal
- Edelman agrees to re-sign with Patriots
- Jags WR Blackmon OK after single-car crash
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texans RB Tate
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Jacksonville Jaguars Coaches Sideline White Polo