Cards re-sign free-agent guard Brown
Brown becomes the sixth unrestricted free agent to re-sign with the team. He joins quarterback Kurt Warner, linebacker Bert Berry, punter Ben Graham, linebacker Clark Haggans and quarterback Brian St. Pierre in deciding to stay in Arizona.
A former fourth-round choice of the Cardinals in 2005 under Denny Green, Brown (6-5, 332 pounds) showed his potential by starting nine games as a rookie. He experienced knee problems in 2005 and was inactive during the 2006 season. He started nine games in 2007, but lost his starting job to Deuce Lutui, who is currently the starter.
Senior writer John Clayton covers the NFL for ESPN.com.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Seahawks' Lynch at camp after ending holdout
- Rice: 'I made the biggest mistake of my life'
- 49ers, Harbaugh table contract talks for now
- Manziel on NFL learning curve: It'll take time
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's Arizona Cardinals Point Polo