Rooneys looking to add partners
PITTSBURGH -- Pittsburgh Steelers president Art Rooney II says he and his father, Dan Rooney, are looking for additional partners.
Steelers owner Dan Rooney is awarded the Paul Tank Younger Award from the Fritz Pollard Alliance for his work both on and off the field.
Art Rooney says one potential investor has been approved by the NFL's finance committee and the others will go before the committee as part of ownership meetings next week in California.
Art Rooney isn't saying who the potential investors are but said Thursday one is a "very recognizable name."
Three partners were added last year: Hollywood producer Thomas Tull, Tennessee businessman James Haslam III and the Paul family of Pittsburgh.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Peterson just 'having fun' with Sherman feud
- NFL on Gordon: Culpable for what's in body
- Ravens' Harbaugh: Proud of Rice's response
- Agent: Ex-Cowboy Brent to meet with Goodell
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Alternate Limited Jersey Pittsburgh Steelers Heath Miller #83