Man's testimony contradicts trooper's
That contradicts the word of a state trooper, who testified Thursday that he was listening on wiretaps when Buckhalter called the suspect, 36-year-old Styles Beckles of Clifton Heights.
Trooper Scott John Miscannon also says a notation on a ledger in Beckles' house indicates Buckhalter bought marijuana from him.
Beckles is on trial in Delaware County on charges of drug possession and intent to deliver drugs. A prosecutor says Beckles initially admitted selling marijuana to Buckhalter.
Buckhalter, a former Philadelphia Eagle, denies buying drugs from Beckles. He has not been charged.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Peppers joins Packers on three-year deal
- Edelman agrees to re-sign with Patriots
- Jags WR Blackmon OK after single-car crash
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texan RB Tate
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Denver Broncos 'United in Orange' T-Shirt