Trial delay sought in Collier case
Defense attorney Ann Finnell told the judge she will file for a continuance of the trial of Tyrone Hartsfield at another hearing on Friday.
The trial had been scheduled to start on March 30.
Finnell told the judge that prosecutors have not turned over the address of a key witness, Kenny Pettway. Pettway was in the car when Collier was shot 14 times. Pettway played on the defensive line for the Green Bay Packers before suffering a season-ending knee injury.
Hartsfield is being held without bond.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rodgers not cleared, still under evaluation
- Broncos' Welker still not cleared to practice
- Source: Garvin fined $25K for hit on Huber
- Flacco to wear knee brace against Patriots
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- '47 Brand Men's Jacksonville Jaguars Black Clean-Up Adjustable Hat