Source: Texans, Cody agree to contract
Shaun Cody and the Lions defense forces a 2nd INT from the Vikings, this time with a tag-team effort.
To get a three-year deal this late in the free-agency period is a little rare, but Cody fits into the Texans' plans to upgrade the defensive line. He can play the nose tackle position along with being a "three-technique" defensive tackle.
Cody was a second-round pick of Detroit in 2005. Injuries held him back during a portion of his Lions career. A dislocated toe cost him 10 games in the 2006 season. He had 11 starts during his four seasons with the Lions and appeared in 31 games over the past two seasons.
John Clayton is a senior writer for ESPN.com.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rodgers still not ready to return for Packers
- Welker likely out until playoffs, sources say
- Vikes' Peterson 'ready to roll' vs. Bengals
- Bears' Briggs medically cleared to return
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Women's Home Game Jersey Houston Texans J.J. Watt #99