Ex-Raider QB Marinovich back in jail
SANTA ANA, Calif. -- Former Los Angeles Raiders quarterback Todd Marinovich is back in jail.
Authorities say the 39-year-old Marinovich was arrested Friday after missing a drug rehabilitation progress review in a Newport Beach court earlier this week. He was being held at the Orange County Jail without bail.
He pleaded guilty two years ago to possession of methamphetamine, syringe possession and resisting arrest. Prosecutors say the judge placed Marinovich on five years of probation at the sentencing hearing and ordered him to spend one year at a drug rehabilitation center.
In all, Marinovich has nine prior cases in the Orange County courts.
Marinovich was a first-round draft pick out of Southern California and played for the Raiders from 1991-93.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Redskins' Cousins to start in place of RG III
- Urlacher: Bears should stick with McCown
- Ravens' Elam on Megatron: 'He's pretty old'
- 49ers again take aim at Seahawks' roster
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- 5th & Ocean Women's Oakland Raiders Script Black Long Sleeve Shirt