LB Fox re-signs with Steelers
Fox, according to a source, agreed to a two-year, $1.8 million deal that included a $380,000 signing bonus. The 27-year-old linebacker came to the Steelers in 2008 and helped out as one of the key players on special teams, appearing in 13 games and finishing second on the team with a career-high 21 tackles in kick coverage.
Fox was a third-round choice of the Kansas City Chiefs in 2004 and spent four seasons there. He started four games in 2006 for the Chiefs, but his career has mostly been as a backup and special teams player.
John Clayton is a senior NFL writer for ESPN.com.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Seahawks to host Packers in season opener
- Giants-Lions, Chargers-Cards to open MNF
- No winner in Rams' schedule-guessing game
- Source: Manziel on Bucs' short list at No. 7
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Toddler Home Game Jersey Pittsburgh Steelers Ben Roethlisberger #7