Dekker acquitted in Virginia
The charge stemmed from an incident in Alexandria's Old Town a week before the Super Bowl, when the football player fled from police and then gave officers a false name.
A judge ruled Wednesday that Dekker's actions did not warrant the obstruction of justice charge. Dekker was facing up to a year in jail and a $2,500 fine.
Dekker ran from police Jan. 24 after an officer told the football player he was going to arrest him for being drunk in public.
Dekker has said he fled because he didn't want to distract his team by getting arrested just days before the Super Bowl.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Peppers joins Packers on three-year deal
- Edelman agrees to re-sign with Patriots
- Jags WR Blackmon OK after single-car crash
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texans RB Tate
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Alternate Game Jersey Pittsburgh Steelers Heath Miller #83