Police: Teens tried to steal seat at Linc
PHILADELPHIA -- Five teenagers are in custody after allegedly breaking into the Philadelphia Eagles' stadium and trying to make off with a seat.
Police say security cameras spotted the men around 3 a.m. Wednesday at Lincoln Financial Field. Security guards alerted police and the men were arrested.
Police say they face six felony charges including burglary, criminal trespass, theft and institutional vandalism as well as a misdemeanor charge of possession of an instrument of crime.
Authorities recovered a seat that had been ripped out as well as a sign. They say the investigation is continuing.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Peterson just 'having fun' with Sherman feud
- NFL on Gordon: Culpable for what's in body
- Romo unsure he'll play in preseason opener
- Ravens' Harbaugh: Proud of Rice's response
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Wilson Philadelphia Eagles Vintage Mini Football