Bills special teams coach honored
ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Buffalo Bills assistant Bobby April is the NFL special teams coach of the year after a vote by his peers.
April earned the honor -- his second in four seasons -- at an awards ceremony in Reno, Nev., on Tuesday night. In his fifth season in Buffalo, April's special teams finished in the top 10 in four categories, including a league-leading 15.5 yards per punt return.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Steelers' Brown rips Sanders' QB comments
- Source: Colts' Thomas needs quad surgery
- NFL placing trackers in pads to enhance stats
- Bortles impresses Jags OC with his progress
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's Buffalo Bills Pique Xtra-Lite Dark Royal Polo