Source: New interest in Cards' Boldin
The Arizona Cardinals continued to entertain offers for Anquan Boldin on Friday, with the Baltimore Ravens and Philadelphia Eagles showing serious interest in the disgruntled receiver, an NFL source told ESPN's Pedro Gomez.
The Cardinals were willing to take offers for less than originally thought for Boldin, two sources told ESPN's Sal Paolantonio. Boldin could be had for a second-round pick and other considerations, rather than the first- and third-round pick originally projected, the sources said.
The Cardinals and Tennessee Titans denied a previously reported offer had been accepted or made.
"I'll just say the reports today are erroneous," Cardinals general manager Rod Graves told The Associated Press late Friday. "We have not received any offers today with respect of Anquan."
But Graves told Gomez the Cardinals, who have the 31st pick in Saturday's draft, are willing to listen to any offers and have never asked for anything or made "trade demands."
"Our position is still the same," Graves said, according to the AP. "That is we expect at some point we're going to sit down with him and talk with him about an extension."
Despite possible movement in trade talks, teammate and fellow receiver Larry Fitzgerald said Friday he thought Boldin would like to stay with the Cardinals.
"I don't think he really wants to go," Fitzgerald said, according to The Associated Press. "He's been out there six years. His family is comfortable; his son is in school. There's a lot of things that I think will be conducive for him to stay.
"But this is a business. You never know what's going to happen."
Graves and coach Ken Whisenhunt had repeatedly emphasized at the team's pre-draft news conference Tuesday that they would be happy to keep Boldin and eventually try to sign him to a new contract.
"Quite a few teams have called but we have no offers from those teams," Graves said Tuesday. "Anything can evolve from this point through draft day so that's where it is right now."
Boldin expressed extreme displeasure with his contract in last season's training camp, accusing Cardinals management of failing to follow through on a promise of a new deal and vowing never to re-sign with Arizona.
Still, he went on to have his third Pro Bowl season in six years in the NFL as the Cardinals advanced to the Super Bowl.
"I didn't say a trade was necessary," Boldin said last week. "I just want something to get resolved. It's something that's gone on long enough."
Boldin has two years remaining on a four-year, $22.25 million contract. He earned $4 million last season.
By comparison, Fitzgerald is in the second season of a four-year, $40 million deal, with $30 million guaranteed. Fitzgerald and quarterback Kurt Warner have said they would be open to altering their contracts in order to keep Boldin.
"He was a big part of what we were able to do last year," said Fitzgerald, who was participating in an event promoting the "Madden NFL" video game. "He's helped me out tremendously. I hope he's with us for the rest of his career."
Information from ESPN's Pedro Gomez, Sal Paolantonio, Chris Mortensen and The Associated Press was used in this report.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Roethlisberger challenges young quarterbacks
- Vick says he's still NFL's fastest quarterback
- Pack's Rodgers: Urlacher favorite opponent
- Source: Jets' Goodson to practice next week
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2009 NFL Draft