Perry's condition upgraded to fair
AIKEN, S.C. -- Former Chicago Bears defensive lineman William "The Refrigerator" Perry has been upgraded to fair condition in a South Carolina hospital.
The 46-year-old Perry has been hospitalized for two weeks to deal with complications from Guillain-Barre Syndrome, a chronic inflammation disorder of the peripheral nerves. He had previously been listed in serious condition.
Perry's relatives have said he was expected to recover.
Aiken Regional Medical Center spokeswoman Melissa Summer said Monday she could offer no additional details about Perry's hospital stay.
The 300-pound-plus defensive tackle played for the Bears' 1985 Super Bowl team and helped lead Clemson to the 1981 national championship.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rodgers still not ready to return for Packers
- Welker likely out until playoffs, sources say
- Vikes' Peterson 'ready to roll' vs. Bengals
- Bears' Briggs medically cleared to return
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Salute to Service Game Jersey Chicago Bears Devin Hester #23