Perry's condition upgraded to fair
AIKEN, S.C. -- Former Chicago Bears defensive lineman William "The Refrigerator" Perry has been upgraded to fair condition in a South Carolina hospital.
The 46-year-old Perry has been hospitalized for two weeks to deal with complications from Guillain-Barre Syndrome, a chronic inflammation disorder of the peripheral nerves. He had previously been listed in serious condition.
Perry's relatives have said he was expected to recover.
Aiken Regional Medical Center spokeswoman Melissa Summer said Monday she could offer no additional details about Perry's hospital stay.
The 300-pound-plus defensive tackle played for the Bears' 1985 Super Bowl team and helped lead Clemson to the 1981 national championship.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Dungy attempts to clarify comments on Sam
- Johnson at Texans' HQ Monday, sources say
- Pettine eyes 3rd preseason game to name QB
- Falcons sign vet Angerer to sure up LB spot
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NFL Team Apparel Youth Chicago Bears Quarter-Zip Navy Micro Fleece