Folk has hip surgery
IRVING, Texas -- Dallas Cowboys kicker Nick Folk is recovering from surgery to repair torn cartilage in his hip.
The Cowboys picked USC kicker David Buehler in the fifth round of the draft last month.
Folk had surgery Tuesday in Colorado to repair a right hip labral tear, which can be caused by repetitive motions like kicking. He didn't miss a game the past two seasons.
Folk has the best field-goal accuracy rate among active kickers, making 46-of-53 field goals (86.8 percent) in his career.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Steelers' Brown rips Sanders' QB comments
- Peterson just 'having fun' with Sherman feud
- Source: Colts' Thomas needs quad surgery
- Source: 49ers' Smith, Goodell to talk Aug. 8
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Franklin Dallas Cowboys Fan Face Mask