Folk has hip surgery
IRVING, Texas -- Dallas Cowboys kicker Nick Folk is recovering from surgery to repair torn cartilage in his hip.
The Cowboys picked USC kicker David Buehler in the fifth round of the draft last month.
Folk had surgery Tuesday in Colorado to repair a right hip labral tear, which can be caused by repetitive motions like kicking. He didn't miss a game the past two seasons.
Folk has the best field-goal accuracy rate among active kickers, making 46-of-53 field goals (86.8 percent) in his career.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Agent: Peppers joins Packers on 3-year deal
- Steve Smith reaches 3-year deal with Ravens
- Colts strike deal with former Giants WR Nicks
- Pats reach deal with suspended CB Browner
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New Era Men's Dallas Cowboys Sideline 59Fifty White/Navy Fitted Hat