Dungy: Vick wants second chance
Dungy spoke Wednesday at a workshop in Indianapolis for offenders seeking jobs. He compared Vick's situation as he nears his release from prison to theirs.
Dungy didn't discuss details of his visit with Vick but told The Associated Press that the former Atlanta Falcons quarterback made a mistake.
"I think Michael is just like so many other guys that I have seen, so many other people who are nameless, faceless in that environment," Dungy said. "It's a young man that made a mistake and is looking for a chance to recover and move forward. That's where he is and that's where so many of the men who are here today are."
Vick is to be transferred May 21 to home confinement in Hampton, Va., which is scheduled to last through July.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rodgers still not ready to return for Packers
- Welker likely out until playoffs, sources say
- Vikes' Peterson 'ready to roll' vs. Bengals
- Bears' Briggs medically cleared to return
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Alternate Limited Jersey Philadelphia Eagles Michael Vick #7