Stadium still doesn't have sponsor
ARLINGTON, Texas -- The new $1.1 billion Dallas Cowboys stadium doesn't have an announced sponsor yet -- but now it has a name.
Team owner Jerry Jones announced Wednesday that the venue in Arlington will be called Cowboys Stadium.
Country star George Strait will headline the opening event at Cowboys Stadium. The June 6 concert will also feature Reba McEntire, Blake Shelton and Julianne Hough from "Dancing With the Stars."
The Cowboys on Aug. 21 will host the Tennessee Titans in their first preseason game at the new venue, which replaces Texas Stadium in Irving.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Repetitive Lynch: 'Here so I won't get fined'
- Browner stands by comments on targeting
- Patriots' Blount: Seahawks D 'not immortal'
- Ex-Patriots RB Tatupu had CTE, family says
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Home Elite Dallas Cowboys Jason Witten #82 Jersey