Ocho Cinco's jersey to say 'Ochocinco'
CINCINNATI -- Oh-oh, Ocho. The Cincinnati Bengals' top receiver has yet another name.Chad Johnson wear his new name on the back of his jersey this season. There's one catch for the receiver: It's not exactly how he wanted it.
Instead of Ocho Cinco, he'll be "Ochocinco" because that's how he wrote it when he submitted his name-change form last August in Florida.
"It's his legal name," AFC information manager Corry Rush said Thursday.
The receiver said last year that he wanted his name to be "Ocho Cinco." Neither he nor his agent returned phone messages Thursday to discuss the name being one word instead of two. Shirts and other gear are selling on his Web site under the "Ocho Cinco" name.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Broncos sign WR Sanders to 3-year deal
- Texans' Foster medically cleared to return
- Peppers joins Packers on three-year deal
- Edelman agrees to re-sign with Patriots
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- FANMATS Cincinnati Bengals Large Mirror Cover