Whitner's case in Cleveland delayed
Cleveland Municipal Court Judge Angela Stokes on Tuesday agreed to delay the case to June 19.
Whitner was in court but did not speak.
His attorney, Larry Zukerman, said the defense requested more time to review evidence.
Cleveland police say they used a stun gun and handcuffed Whitner April 11 when he tried to force his way past officers dealing with a crowd outside a nightclub. He's charged with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.
Zukerman declined to comment on Whitner's prediction Monday that he would be cleared by a videotape showing what happened.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Panthers officially cut ties with receiver Smith
- Sources: Pats' Wilfork asks team for release
- Eagles acquire Sproles for 5th-round pick
- Martin on 49ers: 'It's a blank slate for me'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Coleman Buffalo Bills Straight Leg Canopy Tent