Saints sign Hargrove, cut Savage
Sean Payton looks ahead to the Saints' schedule and talks about his expectations for 2009.
The 25-year-old Hargrove has had trouble with the NFL's substance-abuse policy, violating it three times. After being suspended for all of 2008, he was reinstated this year.
He worked out for the Saints last week and team spokesman Greg Bensel said Tuesday that New Orleans had signed him and released end Josh Savage.
Hargrove was a third-round draft choice by St. Louis in 2004 and started in 2005. He was traded to Buffalo in 2006.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Sherman still holds grudge against Crabtree
- Report: Raiders in talks to demolish Coliseum
- Redskins S Jackson banned indefinitely again
- Mathieu advice to Gordon: Pick yourself up
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings New Orleans Saints Signature Series Full-Size Football