Ojinnaka accused of fighting with wife
Ojinnaka, a fourth-year reserve drafted out of Syracuse in the fifth round of 2006, was charged with simple battery, said police spokesman David Schiralli in suburban Gwinnett County.
Police said Ojinnaka's wife confronted him about contact with a female friend on Facebook. Police said he tossed her down some stairs and threw her out of their house in Suwanee late Tuesday.
Ojinnaka, who has started seven of 30 career games, told police his wife began the fight by attempting to stab him with a pen.
Falcons spokesman Reggie Roberts said Friday that coach Mike Smith had talked with Ojinnaka, but the team would have no further comment.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Packers' Rodgers won't play vs. Cowboys
- Fight leads to stabbings after Broncos game
- Vikes' Peterson questionable vs. Eagles
- Source: Late again, Mincey cut by Jaguars
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Women's Atlanta Falcons Black Team Established V-Neck T-Shirt