Naposki faces murder charge
NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. -- A former NFL linebacker has been extradited from Connecticut to Orange County to face a murder charge in the 1994 shooting death of his ex-lover's millionaire boyfriend.
Naposki and Nanette Packard McNeal, 43, were arrested and charged last month with killing businessman William McLaughlin for financial gain.
Prosecutors say Packard McNeal was a beneficiary of a $1 million life insurance policy on McLaughlin. Authorities say she persuaded Naposki to enter McLaughlin's home and shoot him several times as he stood in his kitchen.
Both face up to life in prison if convicted.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Browns' Haden: Cleveland title race is on
- Crabtree responds to Sherman: Tired of talk
- Jones-Drew: London deserves an NFL team
- Johnson: Lions 'need to win a Super Bowl'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rico Indianapolis Colts Silver Breast Cancer Laser Tag License Plate