Baldinger in accident where woman dies
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Richard Baldinger, a former lineman for the Kansas City Chiefs, was involved in a traffic accident that left a woman dead.
The Missouri State Highway Patrol said Marilyn Walters, 61, of Grain Valley was killed when the car she was in collided with a car driven by the 49-year-old Baldinger. The accident happened about 2:15 p.m. Saturday at the intersection of U.S. 40 in Blue Springs.
The patrol said two people in Walters' car were injured. Baldinger was not listed as injured.
The accident was under investigation.
Baldinger was an offensive lineman for the Chiefs from 1982-93. He has also worked as a television analyst. The Chiefs' Web site says Baldinger would be handling sideline reports for preseason games.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Sources: Peyton may decide to return soon
- Sources: NFL probes Falcons' fake crowd noise
- Sources: Jets, Bills eye Revis in free agency
- Sources: Lions seen as favorites to keep Suh
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Home Game Jersey Kansas City Chiefs Dwayne Bowe #82