Giants' Boley banned one game
Boley, who spent the first four seasons of his career in Atlanta before he signed with New York in the offseason, was arrested in May of 2008 and charged with battery on his wife after she accused him of becoming "too physical" after an argument. He was with the Falcons at the time.
The league said the suspension stems from that episode.
Boley had surgery June 24 to repair a torn labrum in his hip. The team said the estimated recovery time for the injury is eight to 10 weeks, which would take him to midway through training camp before he is ready to practice.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Peterson just 'having fun' with Sherman feud
- NFL on Gordon: Culpable for what's in body
- Romo unsure he'll play in preseason opener
- Ravens' Harbaugh: Proud of Rice's response
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New York Giants Casserole Combo with Carrier