Giants' Boley banned one game
Boley, who spent the first four seasons of his career in Atlanta before he signed with New York in the offseason, was arrested in May of 2008 and charged with battery on his wife after she accused him of becoming "too physical" after an argument. He was with the Falcons at the time.
The league said the suspension stems from that episode.
Boley had surgery June 24 to repair a torn labrum in his hip. The team said the estimated recovery time for the injury is eight to 10 weeks, which would take him to midway through training camp before he is ready to practice.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Sherman still holds grudge against Crabtree
- Report: Raiders in talks to demolish Coliseum
- Redskins S Jackson banned indefinitely again
- Mathieu advice to Gordon: Pick yourself up
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- FANMATS New York Giants 2-Piece Printed Carpet Car Mat Set