Baldinger charged in fatal crash
Ex-NFL offensive lineman Rich Baldinger has been charged in connection with a June car crash that killed a 61-year-old woman.
Baldinger was charged Monday in Jackson County, Mo., with operating a motor vehicle in a careless and imprudent manner, which is a misdemeanor, the Kansas City Star reported.
Last month, officials said there would be no charges in connection with the June 27 crash that killed Marilyn L. Walters, 61, of Grain Valley. But Tammy Dickinson, chief trial assistant for Jackson County, said that was a "misunderstanding," according to the Star.
"We had never even been presented with anything at that point in time," she said, according to the report.
Baldinger faces up to a year in jail and/or as much as $5,000 in fines if convicted, Dickinson said, according to the report.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Seahawks' Lynch starts holdout over contract
- Steelers holding off on new Big Ben contract
- Cowboys' McClain convicted, already appeals
- Saints TE Graham glad contract 'mess' over
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Fathead Eric Berry "In Your Face" Wall Graphic