Case to be refiled after charge dropped
The 26-year-old had been set for trial Friday on the drug possession charge. He was arrested last July in Houston for allegedly having at least 200 grams of codeine, which is a controlled substance.
Harris County District Attorney's Office spokeswoman Donna Hawkins says the case was dismissed Thursday so Houston Police Department lab technicians could become proficient with a new piece of equipment that measures codeine in a submitted sample and learn to testify about its results.
Prosecutors expect to refile the case within three months.
Jolly's attorney didn't immediately return a phone call Thursday.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Super costly: Tickets may hit all-time high
- Sources: Pats victim of late-night fire alarms
- Haden: Browns don't think Manziel 'a joke'
- Super Bowl prop bettors favor safeties, OT
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth Home Limited Jersey Green Bay Packers Clay Matthews #52