Packers address Favre at meeting
The reception could be a sign many fans are backing the way the Packers handled their indecisive ex-quarterback.
Speaking to about 7,500 shareholders of the NFL's only publicly owned franchise, Murphy praised the way the team handled Favre's unretirement drama and subsequent trade. Afterward, he reiterated a pledge to retire Favre's jersey eventually.
Murphy says the Packers are moving on, expressing optimism about this season and concerns about the economy and labor issues.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Steve Smith reaches 3-year deal with Ravens
- Hall: No 'fisticuffs' on horizon with Sherman
- Ex-Bills QB Kelly has recurrence of cancer
- Bengals extend Lewis' contract through '15
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Women's Green Bay Packers Leader Full-Zip Green Jacket