Rams' Avery out with soreness in foot
An MRI showed more significant damage than expected after Avery experienced soreness in his left foot Saturday morning, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported.
Avery, a second-round choice in 2008 and the first receiver taken in his draft class, caught 53 passes for 674 yards and three touchdowns last season.
Mike Sando covers the NFC West for ESPN.com.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Crabtree responds to Sherman: Tired of talk
- Jones-Drew: London deserves an NFL team
- Johnson: Lions 'need to win a Super Bowl'
- Pack hold off Favre return, afraid of booing
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Fathead Sam Bradford Wall Graphic