Dungy says Vick talked to several teams
CANTON, Ohio -- Tony Dungy says he's spoken to "quite a few" NFL coaches about Michael Vick.
Dungy, the former Indianapolis Colts' coach, has been mentoring Vick, who served 18 months in federal prison for running a dogfighting ring and was released from home confinement last month.
During Sunday night's NBC broadcast of the Hall of Fame game, Dungy said, "I've talked to quite a few coaches who want to get my thoughts on where [Vick] is."
Dungy says Vick has talked to several teams. Dungy says he believes the former Falcons' quarterback will be with a team before training camp ends.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Broncos sign WR Sanders to 3-year deal
- Texans' Foster medically cleared to return
- Peppers joins Packers on three-year deal
- Edelman agrees to re-sign with Patriots
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
VICK CONDITIONALLY REINSTATED
Former Falcons QB Michael Vick has been conditionally reinstated by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell.
- Photo File Philadelphia Eagles Michael Vick UniFrame