Marshall's battery trial in hands of jury
Marshall is charged with two counts of simple battery stemming from a March 2008 argument with then-girlfriend Rasheedah Watley at the downtown Atlanta condominium the couple shared.
Testimony in the two-day trial concluded Friday, followed by closing arguments.
Defense attorney Harvey Steinberg characterized Watley as a liar with a violent temper who didn't want to give up the way of life to which she had become accustomed.
Prosecutor Jamie Mack said Marshall exerted control through force and financial dependence.
Marshall was suspended for last year's season opener after a series of domestic disputes.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Chancellor deemed 'good' after walk-through
- Goodell: Pursuing Deflategate aggressively
- Hundreds lose out on tickets to Super Bowl
- Goodell: NFL to rule on Lynch fine after SB
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Is This Closest Matchup Ever?
- Game breakdown