Toe to keep Owens sidelined
PITTSFORD, N.Y. -- A sprained toe will prevent Terrell Owens from practicing until next week, meaning he'll miss Buffalo's preseason game at Green Bay on Saturday.
Coach Dick Jauron ruled Owens out of playing this week after the receiver missed his second straight practice Wednesday. Jauron said Owens isn't expected to resume practicing until "next week some time."
Except for a brief 20-minute workout during practice Monday, Owens has been out since jamming his foot in a 21-18 loss to Tennessee in the Hall of Fame game on Aug. 9.
After playing Green Bay, the Bills have two more preseason games: At Pittsburgh on Aug. 29 and home against Detroit on Sept. 3.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Steve Smith reaches 3-year deal with Ravens
- Colts strike deal with former Giants WR Nicks
- Pats reach deal with suspended CB Browner
- Spikes agrees to contract terms with Buffalo
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Buffalo Bills Fly Rush Half Zip Long Sleeve Shirt