Burress to be arraigned in N.Y.
Burress was indicted earlier this month on two counts of criminal possession of a weapon and one count of reckless endangerment. He faces a minimum prison sentence of 3½ years if convicted. Burress was to be arraigned Thursday morning.
Burress, who caught the winning touchdown pass in the Giants' Super Bowl upset of the New England Patriots, was at the Latin Quarter nightclub on Nov. 29 when an unlicensed gun tucked into his waistband slipped down his leg and fired, shooting him in the right thigh.
The Giants released Burress in April and he has not signed with another team.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Chiefs sign Charles to contract extension
- Broncos' Bowlen has Alzheimer's, steps down
- Davis ends holdout, reports to 49ers camp
- Suggs wants Flacco to be more vocal leader
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Fathead Carl Banks Wall Graphic