Burress to be arraigned in N.Y.
Burress was indicted earlier this month on two counts of criminal possession of a weapon and one count of reckless endangerment. He faces a minimum prison sentence of 3½ years if convicted. Burress was to be arraigned Thursday morning.
Burress, who caught the winning touchdown pass in the Giants' Super Bowl upset of the New England Patriots, was at the Latin Quarter nightclub on Nov. 29 when an unlicensed gun tucked into his waistband slipped down his leg and fired, shooting him in the right thigh.
The Giants released Burress in April and he has not signed with another team.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Chancellor probable after late-practice injury
- Goodell: Pursuing Deflategate aggressively
- Goodell: NFL to rule on Lynch fine after SB
- Pats' Blount cleared of Pittsburgh pot charge
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Boys' Home Game Jersey New York Giants Jason Pierre-paul #90