Williams sisters to partner with Dolphins
DAVIE, Fla. -- The Miami Dolphins' partnership with Serena and Venus Williams will be announced at the team's training complex Tuesday.
The team scheduled the event Thursday, billing it as a "major corporate announcement" hosted by owner Stephen Ross.
On Wednesday, a person familiar with the agreement said the sisters would become the latest celebrities to own a stake in the Dolphins. The person didn't want to be identified because the team hasn't confirmed the deal.
Musicians Gloria and Emilio Estefan and Marc Anthony recently bought small shares of the team, and Ross forged a partnership with singer Jimmy Buffett.
The Williams sisters, who live in Palm Beach Gardens, Fla., have combined to win 18 Grand Slam titles.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- NFL mulls fine for Lynch's hat, sources say
- Lynch to media: 'You know why I'm here'
- Ex-QB Blake: Deflating footballs common
- Broncos hire Phillips as defensive coordinator
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Toddler Home Game Jersey Miami Dolphins Ryan Tannehill #17