Kicker Swank signs with Bengals
CINCINNATI -- Receiver Chad Ochocinco won't have to kick extra points anymore.
The Cincinnati Bengals signed rookie kicker Sam Swank from Wake Forest on Sunday, giving them another option while Shayne Graham recovers from a groin injury. Graham couldn't kick during a preseason game at New England on Thursday, prompting Ochocino to kick an extra point.
Swank finished his career at Wake Forest as the school's leading scorer. He kicked 71 career field goals, a school record. Philadelphia signed him as a free agent and released him on May 27.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Welker likely out until playoffs, sources say
- Rodgers has idea of status, but not saying
- Harbaugh: 'Absolutely' want to be with 49ers
- Browner vows to sue NFL if ban not dropped
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Little Earth Cincinnati Bengals Clear Game Day Pouch