Palmer questionable to start for Bengals
Palmer, who has a sprained left ankle, is questionable for Thursday's preseason game against St. Louis. He missed much of last season with an elbow injury.
"If last week had been a regular-season game, he probably would have played. But we are going to continue to be cautious, because it is just preseason," coach Marvin Lewis said. "We'd like him to get some more time with our first unit, and I think we will do that before the preseason is over. But the most important thing is to have him 100 percent for Denver [on Sept. 13]."
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Steve Smith reaches 3-year deal with Ravens
- Colts strike deal with former Giants WR Nicks
- Pats reach deal with suspended CB Browner
- Spikes agrees to contract terms with Buffalo
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Home Game Jersey Arizona Cardinals Carson Palmer #3